Enjoy the tour at your own pace while learning about the secrets of making Greek wine.
Oia • Blue Dome Church • Wine Tasting
- 400€ for groups 1-4 guests
- 75€ extra per additional guest
- 4 hours
- Luxurious, fully air-conditioned Mercedez minivan with professional driver
- Pickup or Meeting at agreed location
- Discover the breathtaking town of Oia and enjoy scenic views of unparalleled Greek beauty.
- Photo stop at the iconic Blue Dome Church which is seen in many of the postcards.
- Taste 4 different wines in the winery accompanied with local snacks
- End of the tour at agreed location
- Customise the itinerary for any last minutes changes according to your needs.
Taste the best Greek wines
Santorini, because of its unique climate and the mineral content of its volcanic soil, probably has the best wine in Greece. The fame of Santorini wines today is due to the unique marriage of the exceptional variety assyrtiko with the unique ecosystem of the island. The volcanic soil of Santorini, due to its composition (Theraean earth, silica sand, ivy) has a large water capacity and absorbs night moisture by feeding the fruits. With this tour you will have the chance to experience many different wines, accompanied with a wine expert to guide you through the tastes and aromas. Souvenir included at the end of the tour.
What makes Oia a Bucket list item?
Oia is a scenic village on the north west edge of Santorini. It extends for almost 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) along the northern edge of the caldera that forms the island of Santorini. Oia is settled at a height of between 70 and 100 metres (230 and 330 ft) above sea level. The small fishing village of Ormos Armeni lies below Oia to the south and is reached via steps. There is a ferry connection to Therasia from the harbour village of Ormos Ammoudi to the west. There are 300 steps down to the port from Oia. The small island of Agios Nikolaos lies to the southwest.
Why are Santorini’s wines one of the best Santorini Attractions?
Santorini remains the home of a small, but flourishing, wine industry.
The viticultural pride of the island is the sweet and strong Vinsanto (Italian: “holy wine”). It is a dessert wine made from the best sun-dried Assyrtiko, Athiri, and Aidani grapes, and undergoing long barrel aging (up to twenty or twenty-five years for the top cuvées). It matures to a sweet, dark amber-orange, unctuous dessert wine that has achieved worldwide fame, possessing the standard Assyrtiko aromas of citrus and minerals, layered with overtones of nuts, raisins, figs, honey and tea.
White wines from the island are extremely dry with a strong, citrus scent and mineral and iodide salt aromas. These are contributed by the ashy volcanic soil, whereas barrel aging gives to some of the white wines a slight frankincense aroma, much like Vinsanto. It is not easy to be a winegrower in Santorini; the hot and dry conditions give the soil a very low productivity. The yield per acre is only 10 to 20% of the yields that are common in France or California. The island’s wines are standardised and protected by the “Vinsanto” and “Santorini” OPAP designations of origin.
- Wine Tasting
- Tourist guide
- Pickup and return from your Hotel or from Fira (meeting point at the top of cable car)
- 4 hour private tour
- Transport by luxurious, air-conditioned Mercedez minivan with professional driver
- Souvenir included at the end of the tour
- Mineral water
What’s not included
- Cable car ticket (6€ per person)
In case you made a deposit and are forced to cancel the trip up to 15 days before due to health issues or any other force majeure event, your deposit will be fully refunded.